Tuesday 25 May 2010

Hope

And then you get this and believe that everything is going to be fine. Thank you!
From an anonymous reader:

"I'm planning on taking my little girl on a walk from CTW to Wat Patum on Visaka Bucha day. First, to tam boon. Second, I want her to see the place. I took her on a walk around Rajaprasong, in the early day and I want her to see it now. I hope it will not frightened her. I want her to remember the result of hatred and violence. She won't understand it all, eventhough by now all children in Thailand have been exposed to verbal warfare for years and having to stop school many times as a result.

My hope is with all the digital evidence (lacking during the Black May and October 1976), her generation will not repeat our mistakes."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea.

At age of about 10, my father took me to see tanks crushing random cars in my home country (which should remain unnamed). Good lesson, I've been very careful not to incite violence or ever since.

davidb98 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily A. said...

I've been personally exposed to all the information about the October 1976 and other movements as far as I remembered. I didn't really understand the whole situation when I was younger.

But those information has definitely made me who I am today, and I daresay I am proud to be who I am today.

It is a good idea. I'd do the same.. I can just only hope that we all learn, especially my generation, from all these incidents and avoid any sort of violence in the future...

Scarlett Hodge said...

Nice blog thanks foor posting